Star Wars: Visions

Roleplaying Since August 7, 2004!
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Galactic Employment Centre!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:15 pm 
Approaching Karl Level of Spammage

Location: Tausennigan O'benn Thunderhead-class Superfortress "Post-Dated Check Loan"
Species: Human
Faction: Sundance Cartel
I am pleased to announce, in my capacity as the Administrator for Roleplay Development, that my first project for the sim is ready for release. Simmers, meet the Galactic Employment Centre, where jobs for freelancers and those affiliated with freelance-type factions can find work to earn credits.

Jobs are available on a tiered basis; while it is still being finetuned by exposure to actual use, there are currently seven levels of jobs, earning ten thousand credits at the lowest level to half a million credits at the highest level. Obviously, the higher-level ones are rarer and more difficult to execute.

In addition to that, a new rating has been introduced to Star Wars Visions: Notoriety. Each freelancer mission comes with notoriety points as part of its rewards. Notoriety points can also be earned for some freeform roleplays and some outlaw characters have already been awarded several.

Until a rules page explaining Freelancer Quests completely is made, a brief description of the mission posts will be made:

Job Type: There are many kinds of jobs, ranging from assassination to espionage to security.
Difficulty Level: Pushover, Very Easy, Easy, Moderate, Hard, Very Hard, Nightmare. One rating for each level, rather than just using numbers.
Reward: The minimum reward given for completion of the mission.
Bonus: The maximum additional rewards given for skilful completion of mission. Don't expect to get full bonuses often!

While most of the jobs will be posted by NPC entities(the CSA, Hapes, Kuat Drive Yards, Hutts, etc.), player-controlled factions can also post specific missions, after consulting with the Administration on the details.

Finally, the roleplaying for those jobs will be done in a moderated scenario in the Galaxy. If you wish to claim a job, post in that job's thread and then the moderator will contact you. Initially, most of the moderating will be done by myself as I rub the rough edges off the whole thing, but I hope that the CoMmers will jump onboard as moderators once the GEC is fully established!

Warlord of the Black Knights